This summary role description has been prepared for use on projects where appointments are based on individual scopes of
Note: The role of Information Management is expected to be delivered as part of an existing appointment by a capable
resource.The role of Information Management will be incorporated into a wider appointment and the obligations described here will be added to that agreement.
Common Data Environment Management
- Establish a Common Data Environment including processes and procedures to enable reliable information exchange between Project Team Members, the Employer and other parties.
- Establish, agree and implement the information structure and maintenance standards for the Information Model
- Receive information into the Information Model in compliance with agreed processes and procedures. Validate compliance with information requirements and advise on noncompliance.
- Maintain the Information Model to meet integrity and security standards in compliance with the employer’s information requirement.
- Manage Common Data Environment processes and procedures, validate compliance with them and advise on noncompliance.
Collaborative working, information exchange and project team management
- Support the implementation of the Project BIM protocol including updating the Appendices
- Liaise with and co-operate with Project Team Members and the Employer in support of a collaborative working culture.
- Assist the Project Team Members in establishing information exchange processes, including:
- define and agree procedures for convening, chairing, attendance and responsibility for recording “information exchange process meetings”
- Participate in and comply with project team management procedures and processes including:
- risk and value management
- performance management and measurement procedures
- change management procedures including adjustments to budgets and programme
- attendance at project and design team meetings as required
- agree and implement record keeping, archiving and audit trail for Information Model
Project Information Management
- Initiate, agree and implement the Project Information Plan and Asset Information Plan covering:
- information structure across roles e.g. software platforms (all levels of supply chain) appropriate to meet Employer requirements and Project Team resources
- responsibility for provision of information at each Stage
- level of detail of information required for specific Project Outputs e.g. Planning, Procurement, FM Procurement
- the process for incorporating asconstructed, testing, validation and commissioning information
- Enable integration of information within the Project Team and co-ordination of information by Design Lead
- Agree formats for Project Outputs
- Assist Project Team Members in assembling information for Project Outputs